Welcome Kiwi Energy Staff
Thank you for helping Kiwi Energy customers get signed up with Sealed!
This page is here to help you through the process. It includes:
- Script: High level talking points that you will use to explain the Sealed offer to Kiwi customers
- Customer Intake Form: For each customer who calls in who wants to have a home energy assessment with Sealed, you must fill out and submit this form to confirm the customer's eligibility and gather critical customer information. When you submit the form, Sealed will receive a notification with the information we need to follow up with the customer
- Assessment Scheduling Portal: If the customer is ready to schedule their assessment, you can use this portal to find an available time and book the appointment for the customer. When you do, it will automatically be reserved on Sealed's calendar
- FAQ: Talking points that you can use to answer frequently asked customer questions.
Thanks for your interest in the rewards opportunity. To tell you a bit more about it - we’ve partnered with Sealed, a company that helps homeowners make their houses more comfortable and efficient. The first step is a free home energy assessment with Sealed – when you have your assessment you’ll earn $25 in EcoGold rewards and $100 towards a Sealed project.
First we need to make sure you are eligible [utilize customer intake form at this time]:
- Do you own your home?
- Is your house independent and free standing? (Not a townhouse, row house or apartment)?
[If not eligible]: Thanks for your time, but unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.
[If eligible]: Great! You’re eligible for a free home energy assessment, where Sealed will come to your home, check for drafty areas, hot spots, and other opportunities to make your house more comfortable and use less energy at the same time. When you have your free home energy assessment with Sealed you’ll earn $25 in EcoGold rewards and $100 towards a Sealed project.
[utilize scheduling tool at this time]
We have an opening from [start time] to [end time] on [date]. Does that work for you?
[If customer says no]: Do you want to try to find another time? Are mornings or afternoons generally better for you?
[Once customer is scheduled for appointment]: Great, a representative from Sealed will be contacting you soon to confirm and prepare for your appointment. [complete collecting all information for the customer intake form]
[If customer wants assessment, but can’t schedule]: Ok, I will pass along your contact information to Sealed and they will follow up to find a time that works. When is a good time to contact you? [Collect all information for the customer intake form]
2. CUSTOMER INTAKE FORM
Open the form and ask the customer each of the questions listed in the form.
A customer is eligible for a Sealed Assessment if they meet the following criteria:
- Is a Home Owner
- Lives in a single-family detached home (a home that is NOT a town house, row house, or otherwise attached to other homes by any walls, ceilings or floors)
- Lives in New York State in Westchester, Queens, Putnam, Orange, Rockland, Nassau or Suffolk Counties
- Has provided a valid phone number, email and home address
When you are done with the intake you will move on to scheduling the assessment. Wait to click "submit" on the intake forum until you've attempted to schedule the assessment, in case there are additional notes that you need to capture about the customer
3. ASSESSMENT SCHEDULING PORTAL
- Click one of the available time slots to schedule a Home Energy Assessment for the customer.
- When you click on an available time slot, a window will appear. Fill out each of the fields, and for "How did you hear about us?" select Kiwi Energy.
- Once you have successfully scheduled the assessment, ask the customer if you can transfer them directly to Sealed to complete their intake. Transfer to 516-265-7802.
- If none of the time slots available work for the customer, indicate as such in the notes of the Customer Intake Form, and a Sealed customer representative will schedule the appointment.
Who is Sealed?
Sealed is Kiwi Energy’s partner. They are a leading company that has helped hundreds of homeowners get more comfortable homes with simple projects that reduce air leakage and old inefficient appliances. Sealed even offers a special program for qualified customers which makes it possible to pay for all or most of the project with the energy savings that result from the work.
Who are Sealed’s customers?
Sealed currently works with home owners who live in single-family, detached homes. Sealed does not work with commercial clients, renters, townhouses, or multi-unit residential buildings.
What’s the first step for a customer?
The first step is a no-cost, no-obligation Home Energy Assessment with Sealed, which includes a free estimate on a Sealed Project.
How long is a home energy assessment?
The typical home energy assessment takes about 2 hours, but it can be a bit longer or shorter depending on the size of the home.
What happens in a home energy assessment?
Every home energy assessment is run by one of Sealed’s Home Energy Advisors. During the assessment, the Home Energy Advisor will:
- Test the efficiency and safety of the current heating system
- Identify air leakage and poor wall insulation using infrared technology
- Inspect depth and quality of insulation in attic, crawlspaces, and basement
- Measure air leakage using blower door test
- Provide a quote for your whole home energy and comfort solution
What types of improvements are included in a Sealed project?
Sealed’s typical projects include all or some of the following:
- Air sealing (sealing up cracks and gaps in the attic, basement, around windows, doors and other openings)
- Insulation (in the attic and the exterior walls)
- Heating and cooling appliances (for example, boiler replacement, oil to gas conversion)
- LED lightbulbs
- Programmable Thermostats
What are Sealed’s hours?
Sealed staff can be reached by phone Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 8 PM. Sealed offers home energy assessments Monday through Saturday, in the morning, afternoon, and evening.