What to expect at your home energy consultation...
What do I need to do in advance of my appointment?
- Send 12 months electricity and heating fuel usage history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you haven't been in your home for 12 months, send whatever energy usage history is available
- Here are some instructions for collecting your energy use history
- Remove any items that may be blocking access to:
- heating and cooling systems
- water heater
- crawl spaces
- Close your fireplace flue and remove all ashes
How long will my consultation take?
The in-home consultation lasts 1 - 3 hours, depending on the complexity of your home, the problems you are experiencing and the required solutions.
What will we do during the consultation?
During your consultation, your Home Energy Pro will...
- Ask you questions about problems you are experiencing in your home
- Check insulation and air leakage gaps wherever accessible
- Depending on the severity of the problems and complexity of your home, may run a few other non-invasive tests to measure air leakage and equipment efficiency
What happens after the consultation?
At the end of your consultation, your Pro will prepare and present a custom solution that fits your home's needs.
If you decide to move forward with a solution, your Pro will help you access any available rebates and payment programs, and will guide you through the installation process.
Your Pro will talk to you about our exclusive HomeAdvance program, the only option for you to pay for the project with your actual energy savings